ONLINE DONATION POLICY
Online donation is one of the easiest ways to help someone in need. The amount doesn’t have to be big – even a small donation can help in changing someone’s life in excellent ways. Non-Governmental Organizations in India have been at the forefront in ensuring that those in need receive the assistance they require for their issues. Toda foundation is a charitable NGO, and we require funding to meet the expenses for the education, skill development , scholarship and other welfare programs to the poor and needy differently able people.
The need for funds at Toda foundation is met through donations from individuals, businesses, and other institutions. With the help of our online charity platform for donations, Toda foundation has helped thousands of people in need with monetary assistance. Whether it is helping a needy person during education, skills , scholarship, empowerment and entrepreneurship – we serve to change lives for the better.
Donating money to charity organizations is not just beneficial for the underprivileged but also for the donors in many ways. One of them is tax exemption. If you donate money to an NGO or charitable trust, you get tax benefits, provided that the organization to which you are making an online donation is registered under Section 12A of the Income Tax Act and is eligible for tax deductions under Section 80G. Donors need to keep in mind that religious institution or trusts are not eligible for tax deduction under Section 80G.
• They should be registered under the Societies Registration Act 1860 or Section 25 of the Companies Act 1956.
• The objectives of the NGO, the online donation platform or the charitable organization must not specify the spending income or the assets if they are not seeking support in humanitarian causes.
• The NGOs and charitable organizations should not be discriminating their spending or donations on a particular religious community or caste.
• The NGO or the charitable trust should not exempt any source of income, which includes business incomes.
• The NGO and the charitable organization must have their accounts maintained with accurate receipts and expenditures.
2. The amount, received as the donation is fully utilized only in the welfare activities of the education, skills , scholarship, empowerment and entrepreneurship and needy persons.
Case 1: Double transaction or wrong amount entered: – Request mail required to be sent on firstname.lastname@example.org mail ID with a valid reason. After verifying details of the transaction and justifying reason with respect to the gift acceptance policy, the amount as received is refunded and the transaction charges shall be borne by the concerned donor. The said process completes within 30 days of the date on which ‘the request mail’ has been received.
Case 2: If any transaction is cancelled by the user during the processing period and the amount is not credited in the account of the Organization but has been debited from the user account, TODA FOUNDATION is not at all responsible for a refund for the same. The matter has to be resolved by the user with their bank/merchant. The Organization shall resolve the matter up to the extent of its limit. For this, the donor is kindly requested to email their concern to the Organization at email@example.com